Receta: Pebre (fresh Chilean salsa)
Pebre is one of our favourite Chilean condiments. You can eat it with empanadas, pastel de papas/choclo, on bread, on barbecued meats or roasts, or really any way you'd like! It has tons of cilantro and the perfect amount of spice. Our version deviates a little bit from the classic and adds a bit of an extra spicy kick, but the components are all there. The photo shown below is Pebre served over Pastel de Choclo.
We like to make it ahead and store it in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavours marinate together.
Pebre (fresh Chilean salsa)
- 1/4 white onion (diced fine)
- 1 bunch cilantro (minced fine)
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled, quartered, and seeds removed (diced fine)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (minced fine)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Pueblo Coffee & Cacao hot sauce
- Pueblo Smoked Habanero seasoned seal salt (to taste)
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and let the flavours marinate together in the fridge for at least one hour before serving. This can also be done in a food processor or blender, but we like the texture when it's done by hand and all separately.